Date: November 9, 2019
Event: Desert Diamond West Valley Casino 200 Race (Round 32 of 33)
Location: ISM Raceway (1-mile oval)
Format: 200 laps (Stages: 45 laps / 90 laps / 200 laps)
Start / Finish: 8th/11th (Running, completed 199 of 200 laps)
Point Standing: 10th
Race Winner: Justin Allgaier
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-45)
- Brandon Jones and the No. 19 Menards/Soleus Air Toyota Supra qualified ninth for the 200 lap race Saturday afternoon at ISM Raceway.
- Jones fought a tight-handling condition early in the race but was able to work his way up to seventh before the end of the stage.
- At the conclusion of the stage, Jones brought his Toyota Racing Supra down pit road for four tires, fuel and adjustments. Unfortunately, Jones was caught speeding on pit road and was forced to restart Stage 2 in the 30th position.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 46-90)
- Jones started Stage 2 from 30th, but quickly worked his way into 12th by lap 68.
- As the laps ticked off in Stage 2, Jones started to lose handling on his No. 19 machine and struggled to make up ground on the leaders.
- When the green/checkered flag flew to end Stage 2, Jones was listed 12th.
- At the stage break Crew chief Jeff Meendering called their driver down pit road for four tires, fuel and another round of adjustments.
Stage 3 Recap (Laps 91-200)
- When the final stage went green, Jones was listed 11th and had his sights set on the leaders.
- A caution flag flew on lap 116 for Jones’ Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) teammate Christopher Bell.
- Meendering once again summoned his driver down pit road for a fuel only pit stop. Fast work and a different pit strategy allowed Jones to restart fourth on lap 121.
- Jones grabbed the second position and ran in the top five until the handling on his No. 19 Menards/Soleus Air Toyota Supra started to go away.
- Jones crossed the finish line 11th.
Next Up: The team now heads to Homestead-Miami Speedway for the NASCAR Xfinity Series finale on Saturday, November 16, 2019. Jones will be piloting the No. 19 Juniper Networks Toyota Supra. The race starts at 3;30 p.m. ET with live coverage provided by MRN and NBCSN.