Date: July 20, 2019
Event: ROXOR 200 (Round 18 of 33)
Location: New Hampshire Motor Speedway (1.058-mile oval)
Format: 200 laps (Stages: 45 laps / 90 laps / 200 laps)
Start / Finish: 6th / 9th (Completed 200 of 200 laps)
Point Standing: 12th
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-45)
- Brandon Jones started the ROXOR 200 from the sixth position and won Stage 1.
- On lap 4 Jones reported a lot of chatter in the center. Crew Chief Jeff Meendering advised Jones to keep with it and the pressures will come up.
- Jones passed the 12 car for fifth and the first caution flag flew on lap 31.
- Meendering advised Jones to stay out and he was the leader when the race went green on lap 36.
- Jones led 13 laps and battled three-wide to beat out Christopher Bell and Tyler Reddick to win a close Stage 1 finish at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 46-90)
- Jones pitted for four tires, fuel and wedge adjustments and started Stage 2 in 14th on lap 52.
- He reported that his Supra was tight and finished Stage 2 in 13th
Stage 3 Recap (Laps 91-200)
- Jones started the final stage from the 12th position and broke into the top-10 on lap 121.
- On lap 166 Jones took over the ninth spot and on lap 183 captured eighth.
- Meendering advised Jones he had debris on his 1st Foundation Supra and he needed to find a lap car and remove it. Jones dropped back a spot while removing the debris and was able to cross the finish line in the ninth position, earning his ninth top-10 of the season.
Was this one of the hottest races for you today?“
This was up there with Charlotte. Maybe a little bit hotter, but all in all, I think I’m physically fine after it, just tough conditions. You were really struggling to pass people. A lot of people slide jobbing – about the only way to get around anybody. We got buried there. We made a good call. I thought that was going to be great for us to stay out and get that stage win, but we just fell back too far and then just couldn’t hang with the guys once they got going.”
Next Up: The team now heads to Iowa Speedway for the U.S. Cellular 250 on Saturday, July 27, 2019. Jones will be back in the No. 19 Menards / Atlas Toyota Supra. The race starts at 4:00 p.m. CT with live coverage provided by SiriusXM, MRN and NBCSN.