Date: April 6, 2019
Event: ALSCO 300 (Round 7 of 33)
Location: Bristol Motor Speedway (.533-mile oval)
Format: 300 laps (Stages: 85 laps / 170 laps / 300 laps)
Start / Finish: 13th / 14th (Running, completed 298 of 300 laps)
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-85)
- Brandon Jones started 13th and finished Stage 1 in 10th.
- On lap 12 Jones reported a tight condition.
- The first caution flew on lap 44 when the 4 and 38 cars wrecked in Turn 1.
- Crew Chief Jeff Meendering advised Jones to stay out.
- Stage 1 concluded on lap 87 and Jones finished 10th.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 86-170)
- Jones started 10th, finished ninth.
- The green flag flew on lap 99 and Jones moved up to ninth.
- On lap 165 the 51 car spun in Turn 1 bringing out the yellow flag.
- Jones reported his Supra was free and he pitted for four tires, fuel
andmore air adjustments.
- The cleanup of the track took several laps causing Stage 2 to end under caution on lap 170.
- Jones finished Stage 2 in 9th place.
Stage 3 Recap (Laps 171-300)
- Jones started 9th and finished 14th.
- The final stage started on lap 177 and Jones started forging his way toward the front.
- On lap 229 Jones had worked his way into fifth and reported his Toyota was very good.
- A late race caution came out on lap 261 when the 18 car hit the wall.
- Meendering played a strategy card and had Jones stay out while the rest of the field pitted.
- Jones took over the lead under yellow and took the outside lane for the restart.
- Jones jumped out in front of his teammate Christopher Bell and led 19 laps on old tires.
- With 17 laps to go Bell took the lead and Jones began to fall back.
- On lap 286 a tire went down on Jones’ Menards / Jeld-Wen Toyota causing him to go up the track and hitting the outside wall.
- Jones pitted for right side tires and was able to finish the race and crossed the finish line 14th.
Next Up: The team now heads to Richmond Raceway for the Toyota Care 250 on Friday, April 12, 2019. Jones will be back in the No. 19 Juniper Networks Toyota Supra. The race starts at 7 p.m. EST with live coverage provided by SiriusXM, MRN and FS1.