No. 19 Menards Jeld-Wen Toyota Camry News and Notes
- JONES AT ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY: 21-year-old Atlanta, Georgia native Brandon Jones heads to his home track at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend for his second NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) race of the season. Jones will take his Menards Jeld-Wen No. 19 Toyota Camry to the fast Atlanta track for his first intermediate track with Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) where he has previously had two solid top-15 finishes on the 1.54-mile oval.
- JGR AT ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY: JGR has 40 total starts at Atlanta Motor Speedway in the NXS, earning two wins, 11 top-five finishes, 19 top-10 finishes and four pole starting positions. The team has led 511 laps, completed 7,512 of 7,605 attempted laps (98.8%) and earned an average start of 9.0 and an average finish of 12.3. Kyle Busch won in 2016 and 2017.
- JONES’ NXS RACES WITH MENARDS: Menards home improvement stores along with several of their best vendor partners will be the primary sponsors for Brandon Jones for 10 races in the NXS in 2018. Starting in Atlanta this weekend the No. 19 Menards Toyota Camry will proudly display Jeld-Wen on their hood and have one partner-specific brand on the hood of the racecar for each of the following Menards races. Jones will be piloting the No. 19 Menards Camry for JGR at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on March 3, Bristol Motor Speedway on April 14, Charlotte Motor Speedway on May 26, Chicagoland Speedway on June 30, Kentucky Speedway on July 13, Iowa Speedway on July 28, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on August 11 and Dover International Speedway on October 6.
- IT’S GREAT TO HAVE MENARDS AS PART OF THE JGR TEAM: Menards has been involved with NASCAR since 2001 and has supported a wide variety of racing ventures for several years. Currently, Menards is the title sponsor of the ARCA Racing Series as well as sponsoring entries in NASCAR’s Camping World Truck, Xfinity, and Monster Energy Cup Series, and in the Verizon Indy Car Series. Menards is a family-owned company that started in 1958 in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, which remains Menards headquarters today. Menards has grown to be a highly innovative home improvement industry leader totally dedicated to delivering superior customer service in sparkling, modern, well-stocked stores.
- RACE INFO: The NASCAR Xfinity Series 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on FS1, SiriusXM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
Jones’ Career NASCAR XFINITY Series Stats at Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Starts – 2
- Wins – 0
- Top 5 – 0
- Top 10 – 0
- Poles – 0
- Laps Led – 0
- Avg. Start – 24.5
- Avg. Finish – 12.5
Jones’ Career NASCAR Xfinity Series Stats
- Starts – 72
- Wins – 0
- Top 5 – 1
- Top 10 – 18
- Poles – 1
- Laps Led – 63
- Avg. Start – 15.7
- Avg. Finish – 17.3
From the Cockpit
“What stands out to me about Atlanta Motor Speedway is that the track is probably one of the oldest surfaces that we go to as far as the mile and a half tracks. The biggest thing to consider there is that the track takes a lot of rubber and it chews tires up pretty quick so you start searching around for grip early on. The preferred groove is to start out on the bottom and after about ten laps in you have to really start searching for grip. Knowing exactly when to do that is what makes it so challenging. In a way, it is my hometown so that is cool. It’s fun to call it home and race there. We’re definitely going to be able to see a performance difference in how the cars handle this weekend. It was really hard to gauge performance in Daytona with the draft and running wide open. It’s going to be interesting to see how these cars perform on the mile and a half track. I’ve been studying a lot for this weekend and I’m really looking forward to it. It’s great to have Menards back onboard and my good friends from Jeld-Wen on the hood.” – Brandon Jones
From the Pit Box
“Coming off of our 10th place finish in Daytona after all the trouble we had, everyone on the 19 NASCAR Xfinity Series team feels very fortunate to head into Atlanta with a bit of momentum on our side. This is a place that Brandon is very fond of with so many of his younger years being spent in the area. Coupling that with Menard’s first week on the car for the 2018 season and the first intermediate race of the year, there is plenty of motivation for us to go have a good weekend and we look forward to the challenge!” – Chris Gabehart
With 306 stores located in 14 Midwestern states, Menards has the tools, materials and supplies for all your home improvement needs whether just needing a light bulb, can of paint or household supplies to building a deck, fence or new home. Menards is known throughout the home improvement industry as the place to Save BIG Money! Menards does things right – the company’s strength and success can be seen in the well-stocked and maintained stores, the lowest prices in town and the way guests are always treated like family in a hometown hardware store atmosphere.
JELD-WEN, a global manufacturer of windows, doors, and treated composite trim and panels — operates in more than 20 countries and is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of reliable windows and doors. The company provides products that enhance the beauty and functionality of homes and commercial buildings. JELD-WEN’s full breadth of products has earned numerous awards and endorsements for dependability, innovation and excellence. With a strong commitment to sustainability, JELD-WEN is a recognized leader in manufacturing energy efficient products, providing solutions that deliver exceptional value for builders, architects and homeowners around the world. JELD-WEN has been an ENERGY STAR® Partner since 1998. For more information about JELD-WEN, or to find a dealer, visit http://www.jeld-wen.com or call 800-877-9482