No. 19 Juniper Networks Toyota Camry News and Notes
- JONES AT DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: The 20-year-old Atlanta, Georgia native Brandon Jones starts a new chapter in his career in 2018 driving for Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) full-time in the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS). He will team up with crew chief Chris Gabehart and will kick off his season at JGR with a debut at Daytona International Speedway. This is his fifth start in the series on the prestigious 2.5-mile high-banked superspeedway. He recorded a best finish of seventh in his previous four starts and captured his first pole in 2016. Jones hits a major milestone by turning 21 on February 18th and it would be huge to win the PowerShares QQQ 300.
- JGR AT DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: JGR has 82 total starts at Daytona International Speedway in the NXS, earning four wins, 19 top-five finishes, 31 top-10 finishes and eight pole starting positions. The team has led 582 laps, completed 8,357 of 9,180 attempted laps (91.0%) and earned an average start of 10.5 and an average finish of 17.2. Tony Stewart (2008), Denny Hamlin (2008), Joey Logano (2011) and Matt Kenseth (2013) each have one win for JGR in the series.
- WELCOME BACK: Returning to JGR for their third season, Juniper Networks starts the 2018 season as the primary sponsor for Jones at Daytona International Speedway. In addition to Daytona, Juniper will serve as the primary sponsor for Jones at ISM Raceway (March 10), Bristol Motor Speedway (Aug. 17), Richmond Raceway (Sep. 21), Charlotte Motor Speedway (Sep. 29) and the finale at Homestead (Nov 17).
- ABOUT JUNIPER NETWORKS: Juniper is the industry leader in network innovation, and provider of technology to JGR to improve the racing organization’s network infrastructure for better performance on and off the track through its Juniper Networks® MetaFabric architecture, with next-generation switching and security solutions. From analyzing car performance data to providing feedback to the crew chiefs and ensuring a reliable connection to the driver, JGR’s network will blend on-track with off-track performance.
- RACE INFO: The PowerShares QQQ 300 at Daytona International Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on FoxSports 1, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
Jones’ Career NASCAR XFINITY Series Stats at Daytona International Speedway
- Starts – 4
- Wins – 0
- Top 5 – 0
- Top 10 – 1
- Poles – 1
- Laps Led – 1
- Avg. Start – 9.2
- Avg. Finish – 21.0
Jones’ Career NASCAR XFINITY Series Stats
- Starts – 71
- Wins – 0
- Top 5 – 1
- Top 10 – 17
- Poles – 1
- Laps Led – 63
- Avg. Start – 15.7
- Avg. Finish – 17.4
From the Cockpit
Brandon Jones: “This is one of the most exciting races we go to and I am glad to have Juniper Networks on my No. 19 Toyota Camry. Everyone has been working so hard during the offseason. Once we get to Daytona, it’s pretty cool to see all the energy that builds up for the race and the kick off for the season. Daytona is the easiest track to drive and the hardest track to race. We have been doing a lot of studying for this race, more than a normal weekend. We’ve been studying the draft because of how technically you have to race on this track. We studied side-drafting, and if you get up front how to control the lead. We are going to have a good weekend and race. I enjoy the team we have put together for this year and look forward to working with my new crew chief Chris Gabehart. Everyone has a ton of drive to be the best out there and to win. This is the track that I captured my first Xfinity Series pole and that makes it special to me. It’s always a very patriotic race with a lot of service members and that makes me very proud. It’s going to be a huge weekend and I am looking forward to getting 2018 going with the Juniper team.”
From the Pit Box
Chris Gabehart: “Everybody on the No. 19 Juniper Networks Team is really looking forward to getting down to Daytona and getting started with the 2018 NASCAR Xfinity Series season. We have a new car number this year and a new driver in Brandon Jones but the same great group of guys and winning attitude. The off-season has gone really well with a lot of great prep work and equipment being developed. We feel confident that Brandon will fit right into that winning tradition and have his breakout year in the NASCAR Xfinity Series.”
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks challenges the status quo with innovative products, solutions and services critical to businesses by transforming the economics of networking in the connected world. We create highly scalable, secure and cost-effective networks for unprecedented agility, efficiency and value.